I'm drawn to photos with paths in them. The boardwalk through the marsh, the foot path through the forest, the sidewalk cutting through a park. A path is an invitation to step into possibility. When I accept, I can unlock potential and generate something new.
Not all paths lead to good places, of course. We might get off track or encounter a hazard. Or the path could end and force us to double back and start over. But then we encounter another path and possibility. The key is to choose a path, and then another, and another.
What does "taking a path" mean in practical Tuesday at 2pm terms? It's when we:
- Take an action that moves something forward.
- Ask someone for input.
- Make requests that shift things for us.
- Literally - get up and go for a walk down a path.
- Change our daily habits such that the vibe and direction of our day is different.
- Say NO to something so we can say YES to something else.
- Somehow better align our daily life to support our dreams and intentions.
I took this picture of two paths near my house this morning, January 1st. Here's to walking toward possibility in 2024!